Monday 23 May 2011

My Barking at the moon Radio interview

My First Radio Interview
By Helen Evans of Conservation Dogs.

On Thursday the 28th April 2011 at around 11pm I did a live radio interview on BBC Radio London ‘Barking at the Moon’ talk show as seen on TV Recently on "A different breed" documentary on SKY1.






  We had been approached to do the interview by Anna Webb a co host on the BBC show. Anna had seen an editorial in Your Dog magazine regarding Conservation Dogs and wanted to know a little more about this exciting project.

 This was my first live Radio talk which was a little nerve wracking but once a got taking about my passion regarding conservation dogs, the conversation flowed, and I wish I had longer time in the end.

We discussed why dogs can be used for conservation purposes, who wants these services, which give a cost effective more efficient way of searching. Anna and JoAnne were particularly interested to explore what a Pine Marten Scat Detection Dog involved, so I began to explain why and how we started to train Luna our Pine Marten Scat Detection Dog. We discussed any constraints we have been faced with and a recent search in Scotland that Luna was deployed for her first operational search.

As ‘Barking at the Moon’ was aimed at dog lovers and the hosts of the show were genuinely interested to learn about using dogs for conservation purposes I did thoroughly enjoy discussing and sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm  for Conservation Dogs.

Hopefully this is the first of many Radio shows to come my way...wish me luck.

Helen Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment